Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why Punt?

I just finished a bottle of wine & was quizzed.
Is that bottle of wine out?
Yup, then I stopped and stared...at the empty bottle.
Why did this bottle seem to disappear so quickly?

Did I use it for cooking?
Did I share it?
Was I really enjoying it?
Were my pours generous?  No to all of these...
Or...
Was it the punt?
Yeah, it was the punt!

The indentation underneath the bottle---
A very noticeable and generous dimple.
So why have this huge indentation at the bottom of a bottle?
The sentiment is that it helps collect sediment in the bottle.
The bottle is made stronger.
It assists a person opening the wine.
Some believe it says the wine is of a better quality.

When you purchase a heavier bottle and get less wine
well, it's a no-brainer; not a good experience.
Why put the punt in play?
For me the many positive points of the punt
do not outweigh the negative experience.
The expectation is to be memorable, celebrated & shared.
The punt is a flaw, not unnoticed.
Come on man!

Cheers!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment